None of us are exempt from growing older. There are many factors that can be controlled to age gracefully and avoid premature aging. I am about to introduce you to some amazing opportunities where you can flourish in new and exciting ways that will help you living longer, happier and healthier, inspired by the very famous book: Successful Aging by Daniel Levitin Let’s get right into it!
1. Personality Traits and Attitude for Living Longer
Every stage of life has pros and cons. Practical intelligence, is an example that with age you get more information toward a lifetime of experience. Studies show that the older you are, the better you will be at coming up with solutions.
Here are five main personality traits that are linked to healthy aging, based on the COACH principle from doctors and psychologists.
Remaining curious for the rest of your life , openness, associations, conscientiousness, and healthy practices.
Other personality traits include having a growth mindset, trying new things, and remaining curious.
I use this meditation below to get me in this child like state that holds optimism, hope and joy. I guarantee you if you do this meditation with Bob Proctor for 30 days you will see a shift in your appearance and in your life.
2. Being cuddled as a young child and beyond increases lifespan.
I mean who doesn’t enjoy love and attention? For instance studies show cuddles, especially in the early years of childhood, will reduce your stress hormones and strengthen your immune system throughout your life. Put short, give and receive cuddles for living longer!
3. Healthy Eating Practices for Everlasting Youth
- Eating omega 3, 6, and 9 as well as B12 to promote your neural health.
- Use 3 Tablespoons of virgin olive oil a day. Studies prove that olive oil relieves oxidative stress in our cells and regulate our cholesterol.
- Increase consumption of cruciferous veggies – like Kale and bok choy protects you against cancer.
- Make sure you are getting enough protein for bone health.
- Stay hydrated as your thirst detectors break down with age.
- Use age-fighting ingredients that help naturally balance hormone levels, while energizing skin cells and overall body as well as strengthening the skin’s structure and muscles (ex. Saw Palmetto, Amino Acids, Hyaluronic Acid) find all of these and more in our Youth Longevity Powder. Get yours HERE.
4. Extend Longevity with Caloric Restriction
Whether its to limit calories by stopping when you are full, intermittent fasting 15 hours of not eating (ex: 8pm-11am) once a week, whatever it is that inspires you to consciously create a period your body can be cleansed and restored (you’ll know based on your bowel movement 😉).
Incorporate cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and maple syrup in your water so your tummy does not grumble and basically will deep sweep your gut wall.
5. Physical movement has the biggest impact on healthy longevity
Dance around everywhere anywhere. Shake your body uncontrollably every morning (this is also how you can shake off our cellulite 😉). Skate, bicycle on the beach, around the lake that is in your backyard but rarely visit, or enjoy a nature walk with the sweet animal friends.
Whatever is fun for you. Living in California, I see moms running with two strollers, a guy who runs the bridge barefoot, and women with Kangoo Jumps bounce running (love these myself). Physical movement flushes your face and creates that natural radiant glow. Make sure you use sun protection while you are outside as that is one of the biggest factors of premature aging. Try to avoid using makeup as it can clog pores as you sweat. Try the Skin Saver in your shade. It is the best way to protect yourself from the sun while still looking fabulous with just the right amount of coverage 🏆🙌 . Get yours HERE.
Based on this study, physical activity is associated with an increase of life expectancy by 0.4 to 6.9 years!! Thats a big deal. Living longer by moving regularly.
It is also NEVER TOO LATE to start. Benefits do not depend on PAST activity. the greatest longevity benefits were seen among individuals who had high physical activity levels at the start of the study and increased them even more with time. These highly active people were 42% less likely to die prematurely from any cause.
15 mins a day can boost your life expectancy by 3 years.
Based on the Harvard Alumni Study suggest that people who exercise regularly can gain about two hours of life expectancy for each hour of exercise.
Hippocrates in 400 BC said that exercise is man’s best medicine, but his message has been lost over time and we are an increasingly sedentary society.
I hope you have gained some insight, some friendly reminders, and most of all empowerment to be a CHAMPïONE of your own life!!
Reimers, C. D., Knapp, G., & Reimers, A. K. (2012). Does physical activity increase life expectancy? A review of the literature. Journal of aging research, 2012, 243958. https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/243958